Thursday, March 22, 2007

Car Accident...

Yesterday I got in a car accident... it was my fault. I'm ok and so is the other guy, something to be thankful for! I was turning left out of the wendy's parking lot on talbot st. in st. thomas at around 12:40. There was construction blocking the far right lane to the left... I looked and didn't see anything coming, so I pulled out...right into a minivan that was going about 55km/h. The front end of my car banged into the bumper of the minivan, then flung around and then my front end hit the back of the minivan... I hit my head on my window...luckily I did not go unconscious or anything... I just have a big bump on my head (accompanied by a headache, of course!)and a soar jaw. The other guy (a teenager driving his mom's minivan) was really good about it... right away he asked me if I was ok, and after that, he didn't really say much...another thing to be thankful for! As far as my car goes, the police officer told me it would be a write off...but my dad seems to think it's salvagable...even if i have to put 3 grand into it, it'll still be cheaper than buying a new car...Anyway, here are some pics...





15 Comments:

Blogger Lynnette Feijer said...

WOW!! Lucky for you you didn't put that new bumper on yet eh? I'm really thankful that you are okay!! God was certainly watching over you!! Wow!! The car looks pretty bad...when I'm finished exams at the end of March...I'll come visit you!! MISS YOU!!

March 22, 2007 12:09 p.m.  
Blogger Ruth said...

That's too bad, Kara! Good thing everyone's OK; you can really see the protecting hand of God in these things. I got in an accident on the freeway recently, and it felt like He picked our car up and moved it out of danger --so awesome really!
Hope things go OK with repairing and insurance tho :S

March 22, 2007 2:53 p.m.  
Blogger Brittany said...

I can't believe it! My mom told me yesterday what happened! I'm sooo glad to hear you're okay. God was totally watching out for you and I'm so glad He kept you safe! Something definitely to be thankful for. I hope the headache goes away :)

March 22, 2007 3:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kara!!
i'm soooo thankful you're OK!!!!!

-Karissa <3

March 22, 2007 4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow I bet that was pretty scary. I'm so glad you're ok though. Cars are replacable....you aren't. Praise the Lord!

March 22, 2007 6:14 p.m.  
Blogger My name is Tim... said...

Wow! Like Dave said, "Cars are replaceable, you aren't!" I'm glad to hear that you are okay! It sure shows how quickly things can change!

March 22, 2007 7:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woh!.. glad to hear your ok.. God was truly watching over you hear!..
did the airbags go off?..

March 22, 2007 7:16 p.m.  
Blogger *Kara* said...

thanks guys...and no...the air bags didn't go off...crazy,eh?

March 22, 2007 7:34 p.m.  
Blogger scott+jenk said...

again.. I am so glad you are ok.. praise God!

March 22, 2007 10:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! that is crazy.. praise God for being there to protect u.. with or without airbags

March 22, 2007 11:53 p.m.  
Blogger Mel said...

Kara, I'm so glad you're safe!! Dan drove by and he knew it was your car and he thought to himself 'what do I do if she's crying! How akward.' ;o) But to his relief you had already left the scene.
Don't scare us again!!!
Hopefully your car won't be too much money to fix! What a bummer!

March 24, 2007 11:19 a.m.  
Blogger *Kara* said...

thanx mel...i don't think i'll be scaring anyone in the near future...i'm pretty much stuck at home...!

March 24, 2007 11:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi kara! that's crummy! hopefully it doesn't cost too much, though it does look kinda bad :S thankfully you're ok! cya next weekend!! (i hope!)

March 24, 2007 8:07 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah by the Sea said...

kar, God really kept ya safe that day...it shook me up pretty bad, too. i'm so glad that our God cares for us so much to provide comfort even if things look completely crappy.

i love you, sis!

March 30, 2007 12:31 p.m.  
Blogger Lynnette Feijer said...

Hey Kara!!
When you getting the Car back?

April 04, 2007 3:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter