Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Years Eve/Day

So New Years Eve was a BLAST! We ended up hanging around the church instead of going to Joel’s because there were so many people, and it worked out really well. I think there were around 40 people there…wow. The guys brought in a bunch of couches and stuff, so comfortable seating was not a problem… Before our party, we sang at the old age home…where several of the people there reminded us not to get drunk . . . lol. We had good food and played a bunch of really fun games, and before we knew it, it was midnight… woohoo. . . hugs all around. A few people slept over at my house that night… we actually were asleep before 4:00. . . so that was good! The next morning rolled along and with it came church… at 10:00! We were almost late for church, but they started a few minutes late, so we were ok! After church, we all went to scotty’s for lunch…well, as soon as lunch started, we realized that we had to leave already to set up the gym, so I skipped lunch… we got to the gym and set up, waiting for people to arrive… and boy, did they ever arrive! We had over 170 people at the gym and probably over 200 at the skating rink! At the gym, a bunch of people played volleyball and hockey… I think there was even some lacrosse going on… great fun. After the gym, we went out for supper… we were going to go to Boston Pizza… but it a little bit full, so we ran across the road to a ‘lesser-known’ restaurant and got served promptly… great service! After supper, we had an hour to kill, so we went to my house to play some pool and uno extreme… yeah! We then left for skating and I think its fair to say that everyone had an amazing time there… the ice got bad very quickly, but I guess that’s what you can expect with 200+ people skating on the ice. The caretaker of the ice was saying that we are the biggest crowd that comes out on the ice there every year… which is no surprise really! Anyway, now I am at work (yes, yes, I know…get back to work) and I have very sore muscles and am extremely tired and have that ‘I didn’t get enough sleep this week’ tummy ache… and I am very bored with nothing to do here, and 3 more hours to go until I can go home…for a couple of hours and then go to other work…yay. Anyway… I think it’s fair to end this post saying that it is amazing that we can attend youth group outings like this… meeting so many new people, strengthening relationships with old friends, making new friends… wow, we are blessed in many ways!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

24 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

We are blessed! Thanks for all your hard work kar! It was fun...and yup, I'm sore too. :)

January 02, 2007 11:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kara!! Amen to your post! Good times for sure! Thanks for having us over! You guys gotta come down to visit soon...really soon! :)

January 02, 2007 2:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dope! u posting the doxology reminded me that I forgot to get everyone to sing it at the gym like I was going to.

neways it was a great two days. Thanks again Kara for what you all did..

January 02, 2007 4:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey :) happy new years.

January 02, 2007 6:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok that was pretty much one of the best weekends in a really long time. Thank u st thomas yp's for being such great hosts.. happy new year!

January 02, 2007 6:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was fun times indeed. Thanks for all your hard work (and Joel and Scott and everyone else who helped out)

January 03, 2007 4:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kar,
it was an awesome weekend, even though I had to work!! I really don't care though 'cause I got to drive Tim's car out the deal! anyways, Happy New Year!

January 04, 2007 6:34 p.m.  
Blogger *Kara* said...

for sure, eh? hey...I haven't driven Tim's car yet...i'll work on it...

January 05, 2007 8:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have driven Tim's car... its fun

January 05, 2007 11:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you ppl do see how many ppl's cars you can drive??

January 05, 2007 3:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive driven scotty's car, its hard to turn.. and the koopmans old van, but that only lasted like 4 feet lol

January 05, 2007 7:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol is there anything wrong with trying to drive other people's cars?????...u can drive my truc......ithink.....let me think about that.....

January 06, 2007 2:28 a.m.  
Blogger *Kara* said...

i've driven scotty's car...for like 2 hours straight on the way home from tamarack...thats only b/c the grand prix's lights were out and i didn't want to drive it home without lights...so scott drove it instead...lucky him!

January 06, 2007 2:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. that could be dangerous.. scotty's car is defenetly a great drive, but then again i like to shift

January 06, 2007 4:23 p.m.  
Blogger Karissa said...

ill drive ur truck!!!...im a good driver..ask lisa!!!!
:P

January 06, 2007 4:52 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i don;t know if i should... i have heard stories about her..lol lol u need a different um um reference....then u can...lol

January 08, 2007 5:48 p.m.  
Blogger *Kara* said...

how 'bout me? am i a good enough reference?? karissa is a GREAT driver!!

January 08, 2007 9:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm never really watched ur driving...but considering ur not blonde...(sorry pink) lol and that u were complaining about our speeding...(i think that was u...probly not though)....i guess ur reference would do....maybe

January 08, 2007 10:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, jerm id be more concerned about your own driving buddy.. ive seen your driving.. lol 140 in an 80 eh

January 08, 2007 10:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only 140 in an 80 come on. any whays thank you for all you work for the new years events kara

January 09, 2007 6:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

k brian first of all u have to get ur facts straight... it was 160,.....lol lol lol i think...but i know what i am capable of...i trust my own driving...now its the other person i am worried about...because if i wreck my truck thats my fault...if they wreck it i can just imagine how bad they would feel...lol i know it couldn;t be faster then 160 because thats as fast as my truck goes....unless it was with my car....but i think i trust everyone's driving except my bro's....

January 09, 2007 6:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

k brian first of all u have to get ur facts straight... it was 160,.....lol lol lol i think...but i know what i am capable of...i trust my own driving...now its the other person i am worried about...because if i wreck my truck thats my fault...if they wreck it i can just imagine how bad they would feel...lol i know it couldn;t be faster then 160 because thats as fast as my truck goes....unless it was with my car....but i think i trust everyone's driving except my bro's....

January 09, 2007 7:14 p.m.  
Blogger Karissa said...

so now i can drive it??

January 09, 2007 9:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i guess...but i have no idea when the next time i will see u and having my truck with me.....so its probly gonna be awhile...lol

January 09, 2007 10:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter